[vtkusers] newbie question.

Ivan Rodriguez p3rti at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 17:22:48 EDT 2005

hi all.

well i have a little problem. i'm newbie on vtk and i dont know if this
question its very stupid. i have debian with vtkdata libvtk and vtk-examples
installed on my computer.

my problem is because i need to work with vtk on a c++ project.

well i want to run one example from tutorial called Step1 so i want to know,
what i have to do to compile it, because when i try with gcc -o program
Cone.cxx i get errors like the library was not found.

i heard about cmake but i dont know if this is for compile vtk software or
my own software.

finally on another pages i found that some people use a binary called vtk
but i dont have any installed... which vtk doesnt show any link.

do i need install another package?

well thanks for all and apology for my english, i from colombia and it isnt
very good.

   Iván.