[vtkusers] 3D object projected on a plane

Monica Gemo gemo at tele.ucl.ac.be
Wed Nov 2 12:47:38 EST 2005

Hello vtkers,
I am not experienced with vtk and I need your help to calculate
the 2D projection of a 3D object on a given plane .
I tried to use vtkCutter and have an intersection
of the 3D object on the plane,
this gives an approximation, but not the exact projection.

Is there an effective way to deal with this case in vtk?

Any suggestion is more than welcome!

Thanks a lot,
Monica

  Monica Gemo - Ph.D. Student
  Communication and Remote Sensing Lab. (UCL/TELE)
  Belgium Lab. of Computer-Human Interaction (UCL/BCHI)
  Université catholique de Louvain
  Address : Stevin Building, room A.147
                  Place du Levant, 2
                  B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, BELGIUM
  Tel : + 32 10 47.41.05  -  Fax : + 32 10 47.20.89
  E-mail : gemo at tele.ucl.ac.be
  http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/view-people.php?id=54