[vtkusers] problem deriving from vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction

Abhishek gattani at aktina.com
Wed Mar 16 12:58:46 EST 2005

I derive a class from vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction as:

Class VTK_RENDERING_EXPORT aktVolumeRayCastDRRCompositeFunction :

      public vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction

The only function I override is the RayCast function. I create an instance
of the new derived class as follows:

aktVolumeRayCastDRRCompositeFunction *compositeFunction =
(aktVolumeRayCastDRRCompositeFunction *)
aktVolumeRayCastDRRCompositeFunction::New();

And pass this composite function to the volume mapper. But the RayCast
function that I override does not seem to get called. Instead the one in
vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction is being called. I am obviously missing
something here. Can anyone tell me what should be the steps to successfully
override from vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction. Thanks,

-Cheers,

Abhishek