[vtkusers] need help on vtkArcPlotter

Dark Computing dark_computing at telkom.net
Mon Jan 10 14:06:55 EST 2005

Hi All, I am very new in VTK and I would greatly appreciate a help on
these matters :

1. How can I acquire points contained in the vtkArcPlotter's output
(which is a vtkPolyData isn't?), because I tried to do this in TCL
script :

vtkArcPlotter arc
  arc SetInput someDataset

puts [[arc GetOutput] GetNumberOfPoints]
..

the output is : 0, while someDataSet contains a polyline with some
points, and it looks well when I try to render it

2. how can I make vtkArcPlotter looks solid (polygon) and can be colored
by the scalars, instead of only a polyline. If I try to use
vtkRibbonFilter instead, it looks neat but the problem is that the width
is varied on both sides.

Please help and thank you in advance

Jaya