[vtkusers] render order of vtkActor and vtkActor2D

Joe Miller lpe540 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 16:21:20 EST 2005

Hi,

In the archive I found a posting
(http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/1999-September/051651.html)
 that said that the render order for the renderer was
opaque geometry, translucent, ray tracing and then
overlay actors. I was wondering if the overlay actors
referred to 2D actors. I noticed in a program I'm
working on that the vtkVectorText always appears
behind a 2D plane I draw no matter when I add it to
the renderer. I was wondering if there was anyway
around this without going to a new renderer. I'm
currently using version 4.2.

Thanks for the advice.

-joe