[vtkusers] 2 questions

lohs lohs at atlas.de
Wed Aug 24 08:07:28 EDT 2005

Hallo,

1.

I have a problem related to vtkDemReader: Two years ago an copy easier
error
was already found but not solved within version 4.2 and 4.4. But
according
to my geodetic knowledge, the dem reader contains more than this little
problem.

I realized that the implemention is not correct regarding the geodetic
model.

First of all I do not see any proper transformation of the edges from
UTM to Lat/Lon.
That leads to a wrong number of rows and columns.

The second problem is that in my example .dem the row number in the B
blocks is
always one, which seams to be wrong for me.

That leads finally to an output which is different to the output of the
3dem viewer tool,
which gives the correct representation. It can deal with the problem in
the input file, why
and how?

Anyone out there having an update of the vtkDemReader, who can help me
and show
me what to do with, hopefully without generating a new VTK C++ library.

2.

Someone today mentioned VTK 5.0, where can I get it

Thanks in advance

Yours Uwe

ATLAS ELEKTRONIK GmbH
   a BAE SYSTEMS Company