[vtkusers] VTK+Java wrapping on Mac OS X

Paolo Bertolo paolo.bertolo at libero.it
Thu Aug 18 04:47:56 EDT 2005

Hello everybody!
I'm new to this list and new to world of VTK.

I hope I'm not bothering anyone with silly old questions, but,
honestly, I wasn't able to find an answer to my problem in the archives.

I'm running VTK on a G4  Mac (Tiger, everything up to date). I
successfully compiled the toolkit using Cocoa and Python wrapping
and  I'm really happy with it.

My problems arose when I tried to compile VTK with Java wrapping.
I would need it since I'm trying to use VTK from within Matlab.

I've read the (very old) instructions about how to access VTK/Java
from Matlab, but the point is that I'm not able to compile all the
classes .

I'm having the "usual" problems with those files that would access to
the vtk**Java dynamic libraries. I've read about the dylib/jnilib
point, but I don't know how to work around this problem.
When I run cmake in interactive advanced mode, I get these warning
messages, which are clearly related to this problem.

How can I enable  those rules?
Has anyone managed to run VTK 4.4 from within Matlab R14 (Windows/Mac
or Linux)?

Thanks in advance!

Paolo Bertolo
Italy

-----

Warning: Custom command for source file libvtkCommonJava.jnilib.rule
was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file
libvtkFilteringJava.jnilib.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file
libvtkGraphicsJava.jnilib.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file libvtkIOJava.jnilib.rule was
not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file libvtkImagingJava.jnilib.rule
was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file libvtkWidgetsJava.jnilib.rule
was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file libvtkHybridJava.jnilib.rule
was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file
libvtkVolumeRenderingJava.jnilib.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file
libvtkRenderingJava.jnilib.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtkBuildAllDriver.class.rule
was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtkTesting2.java.rule was not
used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtkTesting2.class.rule was
not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtkSettings.class.rule was
not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtkPanel.java.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtkPanel.class.rule was not
used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtkCanvas.java.rule was not
used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtkCanvas.class.rule was not
used.
Warning: Custom command for source file vtk.jar.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file SimpleVTK.class.rule was not
used.
Warning: Custom command for source file Regression.class.rule was not
used.
Warning: Custom command for source file TestVTKCanvas.class.rule was
not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file TestInternalFrames.class.rule
was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file ImagePlaneWidget.class.rule
was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file AxesActor.class.rule was not
used.