[vtkusers] viewing volume clipping plane

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Aug 11 11:02:18 EDT 2005

Hello Kim,

The renderer->ResetCameraClippingRange() method will reset the range based
on the visible props in the scene. As long as you call this AFTER you add
your cone but BEFORE you render, then your cone will not be clipped.

The one thing to watch out for is if you create a special prop that
repositions itself every render - make sure you do the repositioning on the
GetBounds() call, not the Render() call since GetBounds() will be called
before Render() in order to set the clipping range and to cull actors
outside the viewing frustum.

Lisa