[vtkusers] Molecule structure

Paul Cochrane cochrane at esscc.uq.edu.au
Thu Apr 28 00:30:40 EDT 2005

Jose,

I've had similar problems with viewing 300,000 spheres in space.  The
solution to the speed of the rendering was to use a vtkStripper filter just
before the vtkPolyDataMapper.

Assuming you're generating a grid with spheres at the node points, the
process is something like this:

SphereSource -> Glyph3D -> Stripper -> PolyDataMapper -> Actor -> Render

Hope that helps!

Paul

* José Alonso Romero Matías (jarommat at gmail.com) [050428 02:41]: