[vtkusers] Data from a point from vtkStructuredPoints/vtkImageData

Karl Mårtensson karma140 at student.liu.se
Wed Apr 27 08:26:41 EDT 2005

Hi vtk’ers,

I use vtk to read a structuredPoints. Each point has a vector that defines
velocity in flowing water.

Now I would like to extrude this information for a particular position. I
have started to experiment with the

StructuredPoints::FindAndGetCell but haven’t figured out exactly how to use
it or and I’m not even sure if I’m on the right track.

Does anyone of you do something similar and if so could you give me a hand?

I want to do something similar to:

//Pseudo code

vtkStructuredPointsReader * reader = vtkStructuredPointsReader::New();

vtkStructuredPoints * structuredPoints = reader->GetOutput();

double position(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);

double tol2;

int subId;

double * pcoords;

double * weights;

vtkCell * cell = structuredPoints->FindAndGetCell(position, NULL, NULL,
tol2, subId, pcoords, weights);

vec3 dataVector = cell -> getData().

Pseudo code//

Best regards