[vtkusers] VTK + SWT based-application ???

Axel Steuwer steuwer at ill.fr
Tue Apr 26 06:56:19 EDT 2005

hi,

sorry, only saw the posting now.
yes, it is possible to combine AWT, Swing, SWT and a VTKOpenGLRenderWindow in
eclipse (in particular as an eclipse view plugin) by using composites.
have a look at the gumtree project on sourceforge and browse the cvs
repository for
the org.gumtree.vis.vtk plugin in the platform/plugin directory. if you
just download
that code as a plugin to eclipse, you should be able to get a vtk demo
view. it's
a bit out of date, though.
we are currently also trying to get a vtkpipeline browser going as an
eclipse plugin
in the style of mayavi and others, and if you are interested in the latest
code for
that, feel free to contact me (if you are an eclipse expert, we could need
you
insight..).

hope that helps,

axel