[vtkusers] ChoosePixelFormat failed

Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 25 16:19:54 EDT 2005

A search through the archives produces several references to the
ChoosePixelFormat failed in vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow, but no solution.

I'm hoping to distribute a Java VTK application, but several of my Windows
testers are complaining about this error (they are using the Windows binary
release of 4.2).

Oddly, several testers are finding that it runs fine the first time, but gets
the dreaded "ChoosePixelFormat failed" error afterwards.  Rebooting each time
you run the application seems drastic.

Anyone else getting this error?

Cheers,
Chris

Christopher Moore                email: Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov
Research Scientist, Oceanography                 tel: 206.526.6779
University of Washington/JISAO/NOAA-PMEL         fax: 206.526.6744