[vtkusers] image filter change its input image?

Grace Chen Grace.Chen at swri.ca
Mon Apr 25 14:59:21 EDT 2005

Hi there,  Good day!

I notice that when I use a vtkImageToImageFilter, it will modify the input image to the filter if I call Update( ) on the filter!  That happened to me when I used vtkImageChangeInformation() or vtkExtractVOI( ).  And I tried replacing a call to Update( ) by calling Modified( ) on the filter.  This way the input image isn't modified, but then the output image isn't what I want either.

How can I ask the filter to create a new image for me without my input imgae being modified?

Grace