[vtkusers] Some doubts about compiling VTK code

vidyadhar vidyadhar at lucidindia.net
Fri Apr 22 06:58:49 EDT 2005

Hi,
I wish to compile the VTK code for DEBUGGING and finding Memory leaks in my application which uses VTK. I used CMake and compiled the code and used it. I have a few doubts about compiling VTK code. I have JAVA, PYTHON and TCL installed on my system. CMake finds them correctly. I have not tried to build the wrappers but I would like to try that also. As far as the wrappers is concerned things should be straight forward. But I find some other DLLs in the VTK distribution. These are vtkFreeType, vtkftgl, vtkjpeg, vtkpng, vtktiff and so on. I found some things like zlib, libjpeg and libpng et cetera are parts of GnuWin32 pack. I wish to know if these are related. ZLIB has ZLIB.DLL but others have some numbers appended, for example, jpeg62.dll and libpng13.dll.
I will like to know if I need to build following DLLs as part of my VTK compilation. If so what are their dependancies and where I can get them?

vtkexpat.dll
vtkfreetype.dll
vtkftgl.dll
vtkjpeg.dll