[vtkusers] Repainting problem with QVTKWidget

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Thu Apr 21 13:28:11 EDT 2005

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:01:02 +0800
> From: "Wu Ruoyun" <MRYWu at ntu.edu.sg>
> Subject: [vtkusers] Repainting problem with QVTKWidget
> To: <vtkusers at vtk.org>

> Dear All,
>
> I am working with QVTKWidget with Qt 4.0 Beta2 and VTK CVS version,
> Windows 2K, Visual Studio C++ 6.
>
> The example of QVTKWidget called "ImageViewer" runs well. However, I got
> repainting problem if I put the QVTKWidget as the central widget of a
> QMainWindow. The following is the codes. Any mistake in my code or the
> QVTKWidget still need some touch up?

Neither.  There's a reason why Qt4 is still called "beta".  It has bugs in it and missing features.
In your case, it is a bug in Qt4 on Windows.  Your app works perfectly fine under X11 using Qt4.
I have a simple app which demonstrates the problem that I'll give to trolltech.  This simple app doesn't use VTK or QVTKWidget.

Clint