[vtkusers] Problem with compilling VTK 4.2 (or later) under Linux gcc 3.4 compiler

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Apr 21 09:33:49 EDT 2005

PETROV Alexey wrote:
> Dear vtkusers,
>
> Does anyone compile VTK under Linux gcc 3.4 compiler.
> I try and have many errors on account of type casting.

Alexey,

	I am pretty sure that the type cast casting you are mentionning are
related to the VTK/IO subdir. And they all have been fixed in VTK CVS.
Just compile again VTK, and copy paste the errors from gcc onto google
you'll find immidiately a reference to vtkusers list, and the solution
(= the patch).

HTH
Mathieu