[vtkusers] Help! vtkGeometryFilter destroying my data set!

Joey Mukherjee joey at swri.edu
Tue Apr 19 17:16:52 EDT 2005

Normally I use vtkGeometryFilter to limit the ranges of my data set,
and normally it looks fine.  Lately, I've had a problem doing so.

If my dataset goes from, say -4.94e06 to 4.94e06 and I want to just
look at the values between -18000 and 18000, the vtkGeometryFilter is
the way to do it, right?

If that is the case, does anyone have any theories as to why the
vtkGeometryFilter would not be able to successfully make this kind of a
cut?

Here is the picture of the output:

http://cluster.space.swri.edu/~joey/150ave.GIF - Full Dataset
http://cluster.space.swri.edu/~joey/150ave-bad.GIF  -
vtkGeometryFilter'ed version

The color values are very small which is why there is all the NaN's on
the side.  I am trying to zoom in on that red dot.

Joey