[vtkusers] Linker Problem OSX

Jens Frederich jfrederich at mac.com
Sun Apr 17 12:01:36 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've build vtk as static libs on macosx. Then I run ranlib over all
libs.
When I complie my application I become follow linker message.

ld: 3rd-party/mac/lib/vtk/libvtkCommon.a(vtkMultiThreader.o) illegal
reference to symbol: _MPProcessors defined in indirectly referenced
dynamic library
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
ld:
3rd-party/mac/lib/vtk/
libvtkRendering.a(vtkCarbonRenderWindowInteractor.o) illegal reference
to symbol: _CallNextEventHandler defined in indirectly referenced
dynamic library
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
ld: 3rd-party/mac/lib/vtk/libvtkRendering.a(vtkCarbonRenderWindow.o)
illegal reference to symbol: _GetDeviceList defined in indirectly
referenced dynamic library
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD

Why, please? With dylibs vtk work.