[vtkusers] multiple definition of...

verena kinder verena.kinder at web.de
Sat Apr 16 18:25:33 EDT 2005

Hello!
Can anyone knows why this error occures:
	multiple definition of myvariable

I have a folder VTK_CODE with subdirs:
	Common: contains common.cxx where global variables are defined. This variables are
	responible for the errors
	CLASS_I: contains inter.cxx which includes inter.h and common.cxx
	Header: contains inter.h
	MAIN: contains Medical_my_6.cxx which naturally includes common.cxx and inter.h

I use the following cmake files for compiling:
In the VTK_CODE folder:

PROJECT (VISUALIZATION)

SET (VISUALIZATION_CAN_BUILD 1)

INCLUDE (${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindVTK.cmake)
IF (USE_VTK_FILE)
  INCLUDE(${USE_VTK_FILE})
ENDIF (USE_VTK_FILE)

IF (VISUALIZATION_CAN_BUILD)
  SUBDIRS (
        Common
	Header
 	CLASS_I
  )

  INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(/home/praktikum/programme/komplett/MR/Visualization/VTK_CODE/Common)
  INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES (/home/praktikum/programme/komplett/MR/Visualization/VTK_CODE/Header)
  INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES (/home/praktikum/programme/komplett/MR/Visualization/VTK_CODE/CLASS_I)

  OPTION(BUILD_MAIN "Build examples." ON)
  IF (BUILD_MAIN)
    SUBDIRS(MAIN)
  ENDIF (BUILD_MAIN)

ENDIF (VISUALIZATION_CAN_BUILD)
In the Common folder:
ADD_LIBRARY(common common.cxx )
In the CLASS_I folder:
ADD_LIBRARY(interaction vtkInter.cxx )
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(interaction common )
In the MAIN folder:
ADD_EXECUTABLE(Medical_my_6 Medical_my_6.cxx)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Medical_my_6  interaction vtkRendering vtkIO)

Thanks