[vtkusers] PolyDataMapper "sub-pieces" & KitwareContourFilter

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:23:09 EDT 2005

I found the SetNumberOfSubPieces command in the vtkPolyDataMapper, and I'm
happy to report that it's a nice workaround for some of my memory problems
:) With Glyph3D and simple model displays it works beautifully. But when I
try to use it with the vtkKitwareContourFilter I get some odd results with
the tiling (example attached).

1) The result is centered on the first sub-piece, not on the whole.
2) The colors seems to be extracted from the first sub-piece, and tiled
throughout.. instead of recomputed.

The geometry is correct, however. this is using this morning's CVS (~9:00am
Central).

Is this a bug, or is the SubPieces command not intended for this use?

--
Randall Hand
http://www.yeraze.com