[vtkusers] 3-dimensional circular interpolation

Thomas Sundgaard Pedersen sundgaard at inropa.com
Wed Apr 13 07:36:55 EDT 2005

Hello!

I want to animate an actor following a specific trajectory path, e.g. a
bullet tumbling thru the air.
The first thing I need to animate is an actor moving on a circular arc,
with constant radius. The arc is defined by three transformation
matrices, lying on the circle line, one for the position and orientation
of the starting point, one somewhere on the arc, and one at the end of
the arc. I need interpolation of both position and orientation, going
thru these three matrices.
Are there any vtk-classes that are good for this application? If so, how
do they work?

Regards, Thomas.