[vtkusers] Ridge with new version of vtkContourFilter

Benjamin King king.benjamin at mh-hannover.de
Tue Apr 12 08:12:51 EDT 2005

Hello,

in an older version of VTK I observed that a pipeline of
vtkKitwareContourFilter and vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter surprisingly produces a
bisecting ridge in the result (see screenshot) while vtkContourFilter
doesn't.

I updated to the current CVS HEAD and now both filters produce the ridge.

Please see the attached archive for a data set and a script to reproduce the
bug. Comments in the script contain more details about the bug and the
respective VTK versions.

Best regards,
	Benjamin

--