[vtkusers] GenericDataSetTessellator question, again

Soeren Gebbert soeren.gebbert at inpro.de
Mon Apr 11 10:34:39 EDT 2005

Dear developers and user,
i have a question about the integration of new nonlinear celltypes in
vtk and the GenericDataSetTessellator.
I'm using vtk 4.5.0-cvs (28.02.2005) at a linux (Suse 9.0) dual P4.

I have implemented new nonlinear celltypes in vtk:

#define VTK_BIQUADRATIC_QUAD       28
#define VTK_TRIQUADRATIC_HEXAHEDRON 29
#define VTK_QUADRATIC_LINEAR_QUAD      30
#define VTK_QUADRATIC_LINEAR_WEDGE      31

I have used the GenericFilteringCxxTests to tessellate the new nonlinear
celltypes and modified vtkBridgeCell.cxx to add the new celltypes.

The Tessellation  works very well with all new celltypes. The result
looks great.

But, i can only tessellate one cell. If i read a dataset with more then
one cell, i get this error:

vtkGenericEdgeTable.cxx:549: void
vtkGenericEdgeTable::SetNumberOfComponents(int): Assertion `"pre:
positive_count" && count>0' failed.

I have no clue what i have to do, to tessellate more than one cell. I
didnt find a proper Method which set, that all cells of a dataset should
be tessellated (i thought this would be automaticly done by the class
vtkGenericDataSetTessellator).
Do i have to initiate some kind of celliterator??

Any help a very welcome,
Thanks and Best regards
Soeren Gebbert