[vtkusers] convert own dataset into vtkStructuredPoints

verena kinder verena.kinder at web.de
Fri Apr 8 12:35:59 EDT 2005

Hello!
That' s fine but it don't work!
I get an error -when I maked the program

error: no matching function for call to `vtkUnsignedShortArray::SetArray(Model3D*&, int, int)'
/home/VTK/Common/vtkUnsignedShortArray.h:149: error: candidates are: void
   vtkUnsignedShortArray::SetArray(short unsigned int*, int, int)

I thougt, if I had used the SetArray function the first parameter has to be the address of my own array and thats enough. But the message say, that model and array have to be the same type->short unsigned int *. But model has the Type Model3D.

Is there a possibility to take another way?

This is the code :

 // Model3D is our own class. This class contains a 3 dim. array of
 // unsigned int values. The model should be convert into vtkstructuredPoints
 //data
 Model3D * model = readRawSlices(argv[1]);
         int w= model->getWidth();
         int h= model->getHeight();
         int d= model->getDepth();

 	vtkUnsignedShortArray *array =vtkUnsignedShortArray::New();
 	array->SetArray(model,w*h*d,1);
 	vtkStructuredPoints * data =vtkStructuredPoints::New();
 	data->GetPointData()->SetScalars(array);
 	data->SetDimensions(w,h,d);
 	data->SetScalarType(VTK_UNSIGNED_SHORT);
 	data->SetSpacing(1.0,1.0,1.0);
	data->SetOrigin(0.0,0.0,0.0);
Thanks