[vtkusers] Getting the Names of Cell and Point Data Sets at Load Time

Jeremy Stout stout.jeremy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:57:58 EDT 2005

I'm working on a program that loads vtkUnstructuredGrid files and I'm
trying to find the name of Cell/Point Data set names at load time. The
file sets I am working with are in XML and legacy formats.

After doing some research, I found I can use the methods in the
vtkXMLReader class to get the names. However, I have been unable to
find any similar functionality in vtkUnstructuredGridReader or any of
its superclasses.

Do any of the legacy readers have the functionality I am looking for?
If not, is there a way to find the names of the data sets after

Jeremy Stout