[vtkusers] vtk-developer list?

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:07:40 EDT 2005

No, that's a CVS glitch. Unfortunately, CVS has no inherant support for
"moving" files. The only way to do it is to delete the file & re-add it as a
new file, and in doing so you lose all the history & it's reset to version
1.1(.1.1 or whatever, depending on the branch).

so if you look at the contents of the two files (the new 1.1 and the old
1.24), you'll see that they're the same. It's merely that CVS has started
it's version numbers over again, because of the new directory.

On Apr 6, 2005 10:05 PM, Juan José Aja Fernández <juan.aja at gmail.com> wrote:

> I too updated to the latest cvs version and noticed some strange changes.
> I was working with the cvs version of about a month ago, when I
> updated to the latest I found that
> vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper was moved to a new folder:
> vtkVolumeRendering, ok no problem I just changed my CMakeLists to work
> with the new structure. When I recompiled my program stopped working
> saying that the method New in vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper
> was protected, that seemed weird so I checked the source and found
> that the revision number was 1.1, but in my previous version (the one
> from a month ago) the exact same file says revision 1.24.
>
> How come? Did you guys decided to roll back?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> On Apr 5, 2005 12:01 PM, Mathieu Malaterre
> <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Well, when I said Makefile what I really meant was CMakeLists.txt . I
> > > had to add those libraries to the "TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES" line.
> >
> > Sorry I did not realize. This is a tricky case since vtkVolumeRendering
> > is at the end: it only depends on other libraries but no existing
> > library depend on it (obviously!). Hopefully this is extremely rare, and
> > in fact this is the first time since VTK 4.0 that a new library is added
> > like that (only VTK/Widgets was added recently but nothing was moved to
> > this library from existing VTK lib).
> >
> > > Ok.. I wasn't sure you allowed just anyone to edit pages. I figured it
> > > was restricted to Kitware Employees & special VTK contributors.
> >
> > Nope, it is only restricted to non-spammers :)
> >
> > Mathieu

Randall Hand
http://www.yeraze.com