[vtkusers] vtk-developer list?

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:52:49 EDT 2005

inline

On Apr 5, 2005 11:48 AM, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Randall Hand wrote:
> > Well, the whole sentence was "do require some makefile changes" :)
> >
> > But yea, I need to include "vtkVolumeRendering" in addition to
> > "vtkRendering" in my link libraries (I assume, haven't tried to compile
> > the latest CVS version this morning). Previously I've had to make
> > changes to the list of linked libraries as files moved between Patented
> > & Rendering & Filtering. It's nothing major, but it's a mild annoyance
> > to get an "unresolved symbol" error and have to find out where the file
> > moved.
>
> What is the main reason of using Makefile directly instead of CMakeLists
> ? In which case it would be cmake that would create the list of
> dependencies properly and save you some time to do programming...

Well, when I said Makefile what I really meant was CMakeLists.txt . I had to
add those libraries to the "TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES" line.

> As for the FAQ link, I didn't know that was maintained there. I had
> > always checked http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Proposed_Changes_to_VTK, but it
> > seems that page is pretty stale. Perhaps it should be deleted, or at
> > least updated with a link to the proper FAQ entry.
>
> Well these are two differents pages, I believe it should not be deleted.
> Or at least until the task is finished.
>
> BTW both the FAQ and the page you mention are Wiki based so they also
> rely on user like you to be updated/corrected.

Ok.. I wasn't sure you allowed just anyone to edit pages. I figured it was
restricted to Kitware Employees & special VTK contributors.

Thanks for your feeback

--
Randall Hand
http://www.yeraze.com