[vtkusers] Question to the class function SetNumberOfOutputPorts(int Count)

Franke, Stephan Stephan.Franke at inpro.de
Tue Apr 5 10:42:23 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a problem to install dynamically the number of output ports for my reader source object.
The reader source object is inherent from the class vtkUnstructuredGridAlgorithm.
What I want is to install in my class a dynamically count of output ports because my class has to read a file that can contain
a set of geometries. I will construct for each geometry a separate visualisation pipeline. Therefore I need the dynamically count of output ports.
One port for each geometry. Problem now is that the only time, that I now, to install the count of output ports is when I call the constructor of the class with the New() function. But the New() function can not be overridden to get a parameter for my constructor like count of ports.
Did someone now how I can set the number of output port dynamically or is this impossible?
When it is possible where do I have to call the SetNumberOfOutputPorts(int Count) and what kind of initialization did I have to do?
Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Stephan Franke

Dipl. Ing.  Stephan Franke