[vtkusers] VTK tensor glyphs and ITK vector

Akiko Campbell adcampbell at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 2 20:46:04 EST 2005

Hello,

I’d like to use vtkTensorGlyph with ITK data and wondering how best to
convert the ITK data so that I can feed this data into vtkTensorGlyph
for visualization.

I have:

1.	Primary, Secondary, Tertiary eigenvectors which store sample
point coordinates and they are defined in ITK as:

      typedef itk::Image< itk::Vector<double,3>, 3 > VectorImageType;

      For example:

      primary eigenvector: P[x,y,z]
      Secondary eigenvector: S[x,y,z]
      Tertiary eigenvector: T[x,y,z]

      Each vector consists of 3 components x, y, z and stores the point
coordinates of the components.

2.	Eigenvalues: E_Primary, E_Secondary, E_Tertiary which are
corresponding magnitude values of Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary
eigenvectors respectively.  Each of E_Primary, E_Secondary, E_Tertiary
are stored as the same format as in 1:

            primary eigenvalue: E_Primary[x,y,z]
      Secondary eigenvalue: E_Secondary[x,y,z]
      Tertiary eigenvalue: E_Tertiary[x,y,z]

I have set up my ITK code so that I can convert data between ITK and VTK
back and forth within the same code.  I now need to convert the above
into the appropriate VTK data so that I could visualize it with
ellipsoids, cone, etc.  Could someone tell me what VTK data format I
need to use?  I looked at the class reference for vtkTensorGlyph but
could not understand what to do…  Thank you very much for your help.

Akiko