[vtkusers] Making a mesh conformal...

s comp sscomp2004 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 29 02:35:30 EDT 2004

Jonathan,

Another, much easier way, is to just import the data as "one big cell". ie use 1 cell of type 41 that contains all of the points. I believe the resulting mesh will be conformal in every sense, whereas this was not necessarily true for what I sugested before, but was sufficient for my purposes.

Hope that helps

Jonathan Bailleul <Jonathan.Bailleul at greyc.ismra.fr> wrote:
s comp wrote:

> Are there any tools out there that will take an arbitrary mesh and
> make it conformal?
>
> (i.e. ensure that the intersection of any two neighbouring cells is
> either a common point, a common edge, or a common face, (no partial
> edges or faces allowed), by dividing cells as necessary, or at least
> make if "facewise conformal")
>
> I am currently working on modifying the mesh before importing into
> VTK, but figured that maybe someone has already generated a vtk tool
> to do this?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sonam

Dear Sonam,

I would also be very interested into conformal projection for my own
purpose, namely common frame projection for automatic annotation.
Did you find a way to solve your problem?

In advance, thank you very much for any help,

--
Jonathan BAILLEUL, Doctorant / ATER