[vtkusers] Is there any way to preserve some of the original points thru decimation?

Chris Zakrewsky chriszakrewsky at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 13:11:42 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I send a message a few days ago on this subject but I've got no
response yet and I am very keen to find out the answer. A simple
pointer would do.

     Is there any way to preserve some arbitrary subset of vertices
     (from a mesh) unchanged thru the decimation process? (i.e. freeze
     some vertices, while the rest can be decimated by vtkDecimate or
     alike)

Is this capability available in VTK at all?

Very best regards,
/Chris Zakrewsky
http://www.ustation.se
Sweden