[vtkusers] vtkGAMBITReader and scalars

Mirelle Mellqvist mirelle_mellqvist at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 09:17:05 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I am trying different readers (unstructuredgrid, xml etc.) and now the time
has come for vtkGAMBITReader. The thing is that I don't know very much about
it. I have found quite a good manual about the file format here:
http://www.unc.edu/atn/asg/applications/fluent/gambit2.1.2/help/html/users_guide/ug0c.htm
and I have managed to map my grid. (I am also using VS .NET) My next step is
to visualize the deformation of my grid (25 quads). And that is where my
problem starts.

If I have understood it correct GAMBIT files do support different timesteps
or? I have all of the nodal coordinates of the grid when it is undeformed,
and then I have the translation vectors. I want to be able to view the
deformation and I don't know how this is done with vtkGAMBITReader.
Any suggestions and any help is more than welcome!
Looking forward to hear from you!
/Mirelle