[vtkusers] Problems With Gouraud shading.

Steve Dorning Steve.Dorning at image-metrics.com
Wed Sep 8 07:49:09 EDT 2004

I am having problems with Gouraud Shading. Setting the interpolation
method to Gouraud does not do anything.

I have tried this first in C++ then reproduces the problem in tcl.

Below is my  tcl code. I would appreciate any help with this matter.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Steven Dorning

package require vtk
package require vtkinteraction

vtkOBJReader objReader
objReader SetFileName "OptasiaExport6.obj"

vtkBMPReader bmpReader
bmpReader SetFileName "OptasiaExport6.bmp"

vtkPolyDataNormals normals
normals SetInput [objReader GetOutput]
normals SetFeatureAngle 60

vtkPolyDataMapper  mapper
mapper SetInput [normals GetOutput ]

vtkTexture texture
texture SetInput [bmpReader GetOutput ]

vtkActor actor
[actor GetProperty] SetInterpolationToGouraud
actor SetMapper mapper
actor SetTexture texture

vtkRenderer renderer

renderer AddActor actor

renderer SetBackground 0.1 0.2 0.4

vtkRenderWindow renWin

renWin SetSize 500 500

renWin AddRenderer renderer

renWin Render

Dr Steven Dorning, PhD
Senior Software Engineer

Switchboard: +44(0) 161 476 8220
Fax: +44(0) 161 480 4583
Email: SteveD at Image-Metrics.com <mailto:SteveD at Image-Metrics.com>
www.image-metrics.com <http://www.image-metrics.com>

Mailing Address:
Image Metrics PLC
Regent House
Heaton Lane
Stockport
SK4 1BS
UK

Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer do not consent to email messages of
this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of the company shall be
understood as neither given nor endorssed by it.