[vtkusers] Dealing with 3D vectors

Jean-Marie Normand normand at lina.univ-nantes.fr
Mon Nov 22 09:44:24 EST 2004

Hi,
I'd like to know if there is a class designed to deal with 3D
(normalized) vectors. Basically I'd like to rotate a vector ((1,0,0) for
example) to make it fit another (normalized) vector which X,Y and Z
components (vx,vy,vx) are known. That is to say (1,0,0) should become
(vx,vy,vz) after the rotations.

I should be able to compute the rotation angles by projection on the OXY
and OXZ planes and then rotate the vector.

Is there a way to handle the rotations of vectors in 3D or do I need to
use the transformation matrix ?

Thanks in advance.
Jim