[vtkusers] question on how to use vtkDataSetMapper

Lindsey McAninch lindsey at sci.utah.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:53:18 EST 2004

Hello!

I have a vtk file with float values corresponding to angles that I want
to map onto an image.  I am using a vtkDataSetReader to read the data,
which works fine.  I have set up an appropriate lookup table and created
a vtkDataSetMapper.  I don't know how to get the corresponding mapped
values to show up though and what the appropriate filters would be.  I
tried to use vtkProbeFilter but it needs a data set input, not the
values from the mapper.  Is there a way to turn the output from the
mapper into a data set so I can use the vtkProbeFilter on it?  Is there
another way to do the color mapping?

Thanks for all your help!

Lindsey McAninch
lindsey at sci.utah.edu