[vtkusers] vtkSTLReader does not accept foreign characters in filename

R K Shyam Prakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Mon Nov 1 08:00:13 EST 2004

 Hi,
      I had posted this question to the list a few days ago. I did not
receive any reply. Can somebody help me with this. Following is the
question.
	I am using vtkSTLReader to read the STL files in my application.
Suppose my stl file has a foreign character in the path, then that
character is ignored and I am not able to read that file. For example if
the stl file path is "D:\STLFiles\ myüfile.stl" the character "ü" is
ignored by the vtkSTLReader. Is there any workaround for this problem?

Thanks,
Shyam