[vtkusers] mouse interaction with vtkImagePlaneWidget

Xianjin Yang Yang at AGIUSA.COM
Tue May 25 16:39:25 EDT 2004

Showing x, y, z and value of a picked cell is a built-in behavior. If you
want something else to happen, you will need

  vtkCellPicker* picker = vtkCellPicker::New();
  picker->SetTolerance(??);
  planewidget>SetPicker(picker);
  planewidget->SetKeyPressActivationValue('x');
  vtkIPWCallback *myCallback = vtkIPWCallback::New();
  planewidget->AddObserver(vtkCommand::StartInteractionEvent, myCallback);

Define your callback command vtkIPWCallback. In addition to
StartInteractionEvent, you may try InteractionEvent or EndInteractionEvent.

Yang

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Cois [mailto:aaron_vtk at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 3:19 PM
To: Xianjin Yang; vtkusers at vtk.org
Cc: 'Aaron Cois'
Subject: RE: [vtkusers] mouse interaction with vtkImagePlaneWidget

I looked through the code, but I don't understand how the picker can replace
a callback function.  I need some specific things to happen each time a
point in the plane is clicked, and I don't see any event functionality in
the picker, just record functionality...am i wrong?

   -Aaron

Xianjin Yang <Yang at AGIUSA.COM> wrote:
You do not need any callback command. Instead, you should
    planeWidgetX->SetInteractor(iren);
    planeWidgetX->SetKeyPressActivationValue('x');
    planeWidgetX->SetPicker(picker);      // vtkCellPicker
Check the complete C++ in this example:
\VTK\Hybrid\Testing\Cxx\ImagePlaneWidget.cxx

Yang