[vtkusers] mouse interaction with vtkImagePlaneWidget

Aaron Cois aaron_vtk at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 16:19:29 EDT 2004

I looked through the code, but I don't understand how the picker can replace a callback function.  I need some specific things to happen each time a point in the plane is clicked, and I don't see any event functionality in the picker, just record functionality...am i wrong?

   -Aaron

Xianjin Yang <Yang at AGIUSA.COM> wrote:

You do not need any callback command. Instead, you should

    planeWidgetX->SetInteractor(iren);
    planeWidgetX->SetKeyPressActivationValue('x');
    planeWidgetX->SetPicker(picker);      // vtkCellPicker

Check the complete C++ in this example:
\VTK\Hybrid\Testing\Cxx\ImagePlaneWidget.cxx

Yang