[vtkusers] ESP value error when including file using WXWidget library

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Mon May 17 10:48:22 EDT 2004

Which version of VC++ do you use ?

Sean McInerney <seanm at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:First off, I think this is a Windows-only runtime error and may be
specific to MSVC++.

The same error occurred for me using VTK with FLTK, but was not
directly related to either toolkit. Instead, the error was produced by
non-member functions used as callbacks to vtkProcessObject progress
events. The problem was eliminated by the switch to use of vtkCommand
functors. Without special Microsoft C++ extensions garbage, I think the
runtime environment sees global callback functions as C calls and is
unable to use them since they were compiled as C++. Without resorting to
uglifying your source with '__cdecl' (or something else?), simply making
your callbacks static members of a class might eliminate the "ESP" error.

Also consult the evil empire itself:

-Sean

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL