[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Wed May 12 09:29:54 EDT 2004

At 09:10 AM 5/12/2004, Paul McGuinness wrote:

>When I run my program I get no image, I also get the following warning
>message:
>
>Warning: In
>/cphys/pgrad/mcguinpg/vtk/VTK/Rendering/vtkUnstructuredGridBunykRayCastFunction.cxx,
>line 583
>vtkUnstructuredGridBunykRayCastFunction (0x84cdfb0): Input contains more
>than tetrahedra - only tetrahedra are supported
>

>Does anyone know what is going on here, I am lost on this one?

It means that your unstructured grid data set has cells in it that are not
tetrahedral (e.g., polygons, hexahedra, pyramids, etc.). The unstructured
grid volume mapper in VTK only operates on data containing only tetrahedra.
You can try running vtkDataSetTriangleFilter on your unstructured grid
before passing it to the unstructured grid volume mapper. This will work if
all the cells in your data set are 3D cells (tetrahedra, hexahedra, wedges,
and pyramids).

- Amy