[vtkusers] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit again and again

Christian schnabilo.chris at gmx.de
Mon May 10 07:12:59 EDT 2004

Hello vtkUsers,

I send this question, because i am totaly out of ideas on how to get the
vtk-binaries running und Windows XP.
I already searched the archive for all relating topics on this, but no
one seemed to found an solution to this problem.

First of all i installed the available vtk 4.2 binaries. Then i createt
a new project in my eclipse enviroment using one of the javaexamples.

Now, the dll itself are alll found and loaded using the following:

static {
	   System.loadLibrary("vtkCommonJava");
	   System.loadLibrary("vtkIOJava");
	   System.loadLibrary("vtkImagingJava");
	   System.loadLibrary("vtkGraphicsJava");
	   System.loadLibrary("vtkRenderingJava");
	 }

If i do not include the dlls i get the typicall
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no vtkCommonJava in java.library.path
Error-Messages.

So it looks like the dlls are all loaded when i include them into my
path. So far so good.

Now if i use only one command relating to vtk.jar like:

vtkSphereSource sphere = new vtkSphereSource();

everything crashes with the following Error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
	at vtk.vtkSphereSource.VTKInit(Native Method)
	at
vtk.vtkObject.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkObject.java:98
)
	at
vtk.vtkProcessObject.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkProcess
Object.java:86)
	at
vtk.vtkSource.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkSource.java:86
)
	at
vtk.vtkPolyDataSource.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkPolyDa
taSource.java:30)
	at
vtk.vtkSphereSource.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkSphereSo
urce.java:158)
	at PBufferTest.main(PBufferTest.java:56)
Exception in thread "main"

I tried almost everything, but it does not work!
Also there is terribly few information on how to install 4.x version of
vtk on windows or how to work with java.

I am really looking forward to find some help among the people who use
vtk with java :-)

Many thanks in advance,
Chris