[vtkusers] Re: Scalar color / LookupTable / Interpolation problem...

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Wed May 5 07:33:01 EDT 2004

Hi,

> some careful testing to see how it interacts with other OpenGL and vtk
> features (textures etc) before deciding it is a good solution.
Yes, of course!

> have to be done as an optional change from the current behaviour which
> would remain the default?
I agree on that because I think there is no other way.

> I propose you make an official
>'feature request' in the vtk bug tracking system.
I just did... No. 818

> But wouldn't this approach make lighting impossible (or incorrect, at least)?
As I have written before... I am not sure about the consequences...
BUT I prefer to have the correct color code than having light ;)
Because the color code gives the important information about the
object...

greets
  Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255