[vtkusers] Errors of building vtkpython.exe

Jay Li chyumm at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 16:00:56 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I'm doing Python + VTK stuff. I've installed Python 2.3.3 on Windows XP by using the Python-2.3.3.exe downloaded from the Python website. I also selected "ON" of VTK_WRAP_PYTHON in CMake. However when I builded the solution in VC++ .Net, an error "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python23_d.lib' " always showed out. Seems it's a debug-related error.

I searched online document. There's an articlehttp://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2003-December/005866.html talking about this problem. I followed the instruction changing the code on line 221 in pyconfig.h from"python23_d.lib" to ""python23.lib" . This time the building went further, but other errors occured,

"vtkPythonAppInit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___Py_Dealloc referenced in function _main
vtkPythonAppInit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___Py_NegativeRefcount referenced in function _main
vtkPythonAppInit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___Py_RefTotal
D:\ljh\vtkbin\bin\Debug\vtkpython.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals"

Could anyone give me any hints? How to solve this kind of problems? Thanks a lot!

Jay