[vtkusers] Triangulating cut polydata with holes [Help!]

jarv0075 jarv0075 at umn.edu
Fri Mar 19 14:38:53 EST 2004

 I've seen variations of this question asked 200 times and cannot find an
answer to it.  I've RTFM and have been trying at this for longer than it
should really take.

I'm attempting to slice through a 3D dataset using VTK cutter, and then
fill the polygon that represents the 2D slice.  The problem is,
the examples provided try to triangulate the edges returned by the cutter
as if it's a single polygon.  But in this dataset (MRI data), there are
several distinct polygons within the returned edges.

I have been able to break this down into distinct cells, but am a bit
puzzled as to why you can GetPoints from a cell, but not GetEdges, only get
one edge at a time.  If I could get all of the edges I think this would do
what I want (assuming I triangulate each poly loop formed from the cells
individually)

Anyone know how I can go about doing this?

Thanks!