[vtkusers] Serious(?) flaws in vtk code

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Sun Mar 14 16:59:02 EST 2004

I have fixed and tested the ProjectDemo under both BCB5 and BCB6
for shared libs (dll's), MinSizeRel, latest VTK cvs, CMake 1.8.3, on
two separate Windows 2k, Intel Pentium 4 systems.  I have also
revised the Examples/GUI/Win32/vtkBorland/Readme.txt to be a bit
more explicit, though in my opinion, BCB developers who incorporate VTK
into their apps should be well versed in VCL component and package
design, including debugging!  Whether or not one needs to delete VTK
objects and where it is done is up to the BCB developer.  The example
just shows one way of using VTK in BCB, NOT the only way.

As far as dumping BCB as an IDE goes: I would hazard a guess that
many programmers, who are not necessarily full-time developers, will
stick with what they know and can afford even though Borland
may be discontiniuing BCB as a product.  After all, there is still support:
http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/

Just my $0.02 CDN.

Dean