[vtkusers] performance problems with VTK java wrappers

Rajesh Bhairampally rajesh at petrotel.com
Wed Jun 30 20:15:46 EDT 2004

I am stuck with performance problems with vtk (java wrappers). When i pull the same data set in paraview (with no decimation), it is at least 100 times faster than my little java application. I really appreciate if someone suggests me what i should do to improve performance? BTW, the data set has more than 10 mil grid cells... may be there is some vtk method that can handle large data sets efficiently....(?) any help is greatly appreciated

here is the vtk part of my application.

    private vtkPanel renWin = new vtkPanel();
    vtkDataSetReader reader = new vtkDataSetReader();
    vtkDataSetMapper mapper = new vtkDataSetMapper();
    vtkActor actor = new vtkActor();

            reader.SetFileName (file.getAbsolutePath());
            mapper.SetInput(reader.GetOutput());
            actor.SetMapper(mapper);
            renWin.GetRenderer().AddActor(actor);
            VtkPanelUtil.setSize(renWin, 800, 800);
            jPanel3.setLayout(new BorderLayout());
            jPanel3.add(renWin, BorderLayout.CENTER);

thanks,
rajesh