[vtkusers] Re: Visual C++ 2005 Express Beta is free to download

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Tue Jun 29 15:57:02 EDT 2004

The dowload is Visual Studio 8... I tried to use the generator for Visual
Studio 7 .NET 2003. I got an error:

"CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio 7
.NET 2003". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM  was not set...."

I set CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe
 (no longer msdev or devenv).

I then got an error just saying cmake wasn't able to compile a simple
program... using the NMake generator told me that cl couldn't find
user32.lib. There's another 136MB optional download that probably contains
user32.lib- I give it a go.

Goodwin

news:6.1.1.1.2.20040629140807.08fce988 at pop.nycap.rr.com...