[vtkusers] Re: Compute principle curvaturs

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Jun 28 21:58:30 EDT 2004

I've updated vtkCurvatures to calculate the principal curvatures... there
seems to be alot of undefined points (especially with a vtkSphereSouce as
the geometry). Perhaps the discrete methodology used to calculate the
Gaussian and Mean curvatures either overestimate the Gaussian or
underestimates the Mean. It seems to be dependant on the area of the
individual triangles- with larger triangles producing undefined vertices.

The updated source is here:
http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkCurvatures.cxx
http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkCurvatures.h

Goodwin

news:000101c45d02$22c4d820$2a284184 at cas02...