[vtkusers] Using widgets in a vtkTkRenderWidget?

david ignacio deignacio at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 05:38:34 EDT 2004

I am building a vtk application that requires a GUI.  I have both the
GUI written in Tkinter and the Viz written in python/VTK.  They both
work individually, but ultimately share common variables.
The problem is that they both have event handling loops.  In an
attempt to get around this, I am trying to consolidate the two
programs together.  One solution was to substitute the conventional
vtkRenderWindowInteractor and vtkRenderWindow for a vtkTkRenderWidget.
 This works fine if I just want to do basic manipulations to the
RenderWindow.  However, my applications uses PointWidgets, multiple
Renderers/ViewPorts along with other vtk objects that require a
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.
Does anyone know of any ways to get that level of interaction while
still using a vtkTkRenderWidget, or even solving my problem in another
fashion?
I have tried wxPython, but can't figure out this mysterious grey box
in front of the interactor.

I can send you my source code if that will help as well.  I didn't
think everyone wanted to see a 26K python file.

Thanks for your help.
Dave