[vtkusers] Generating Splats and/or Point based modeling

Arash Jahangir arash at vije.ca
Fri Jun 25 15:25:06 EDT 2004

Hi all,
Given a set number of points and a texture wrapped object, I am looking for suggestions as to how best to derive a splat or point cloud.  I suspect the best solution will be an optimization between the geometry and the texture.  But I can't think of how to derive the optimization function between the texture and geometry.  Note that I am not really concerned with the rendition (which is what most of the literature on splats is about), rather I just want to have a decent point based model.  Any help is much appreciated.

thanks,
Arash